General knowledge quiz questions are the best way of testing your IQ level. So, here we give you an opportunity to answer the below mentioned trivia questions to test your IQ.
Below mentioned are some of the easy general knowledge questions. Try to answer these questions and is unable to answer them, go to the end of this page for answers.
1. What does `The Cherry Orchard’ have in common with old editions of `Startrek’?
2. In Australia, how is the date of Mothers’ Day calculated?
3. Which President of the USSR encouraged the policy of Glassnost?
4. What was built by inmates taken from Changi Prison Camp?
5. What is the world’s largest desert?
6. Nino Culotto was his pen-name. What was his REAL name?
7. What is the last letter of the Greek alphabet?
8. Who wrote `The Entertainer’, music made famous by the film,`The Sting’?
9. In Greek legend, what was eaten on the island of Jerba?
10. What was the name of Ulysses’ son, who grew to manhood in his absence?
11. Which Knight caused the death of the Lady of Shallott?
12. What monument occupies centre stage in Trafalgar Square?
13. Which book catapulted Germaine Greer to fame?
14. What was the classical standard language of ancient India?
15. Who directed and starred in films such as `The little Tramp’?
16. Name the three types of classical architectural column.
17. Who was Doctor Zhivago’s great love?
18. Name the commoner who ruled England in 1658-59.
19. Which ghost ship is the theme of an 1841 opera by Richard Wagner?
20. What career did the Duke of Wellington pursue after the Battle of Waterloo?
21. Which popular hymn was composed by Sir Arthur Sullivan of Opera Fame?
22. What is the literal meaning of `pince-nez’. glasses?
23. Beneath which Paris monument is the tomb of France’s unknown soldier?
24. What type of puppets are t hose whose movements are controlled by strings?
25. Which drug is best known for its use in preventing malaria?
26. Identify the 15th century British war fought by the Houses of Lancaster and York
27. Which sea is so named because it is too salty to maintain life
28. What is the most indispensable instrument in astronomy?
29. Which literary doctor owns a parrot called `Polynesia’?
30. Name the Australian singer whose first hit, in the 1960s, was `I Remember You’.`Four On The Floor’ pertain? 31. What is Sydney’s equivalent to San Francisco’s `Bay To Breakers’ footrace’?
32. Which independent island is Australia’s nearest neighbour to the west?
33. At the end of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet’, which of the principals are dead?
34. What is the name of Greg Norman’s business?
35. Name a state of U.S.A. beginning with `B’.
36. Whom did Yoko Ono marry only to lose to an assassin?
37. Wo dubbed Australia `The Lucky Country’ in one of his novels?
38. Which biblical event supports the superstition that 13 is an unlucky number?
39. How much was 240 pence in predecimal currency
40. Which comic- strip drake is a multi-billionaire?
41. What was the first event decided at the 1896 Olympics?
42. Which is the only continent occupied by one nation?
43. What inspired the convex golden disc as the Order of Australia?
44. How long does it take for light to reach the Earth from sun?
45. How long is a blink of a human eye?